The word yoga comes from Sanskrit and means “to connect” or “to unite”. Through yoga we aim to unite the body and mind. Yoga is more than just the physical practice of postures (asanas). In the end it is about how you treat yourself, others, and the environment. At SankalpaYogi in the yoga classes postures are combined with breathing exercises (Pranayama), meditation (dhyana) and focus (dharana).
You will find a lot of information regarding yoga on the Internet. Read the most frequently asked questions about yoga here.
Yoga has many benefits as listed below. But ultimately at SankalpaYogi what we find most interesting to see over time is that the reason to practice yoga is all about getting to know yourself and to answer the fundamental question “who am I”. It is why this is the central theme throughout our yoga trainings.
- Build strength
- Improve your posture and flexibility
- Support weight loss
- Enhance your balance
- Recover from injury and chronic pain
- Reduce stress
- Tone and strengthen muscles
- Clear you mind
- Calm your soul
- Be more present and aware
- Have more energy
- Experience a new level of emotional calm and mental clarity
- Open yourself to the process of transformation
- Enjoy life more
- Get to your inner strength and use your power